BLD is committed to providing a superior service with an environmentally friendly consciousness. BLD will strive to operate in a manner that ensures a safe and healthy workplace for our employees and minimises our potential impact on the environment. Where appropriate, BLD will endeavour to carry this mind set throughout work with clients, on and off site. We will operate in compliance with all relevant environmental legislation and we will strive to use pollution prevention and environmental practices in all that we do.
BLD will uphold the following commitments, and will:
• consider and integrate environmental and social concerns into decision making, strategy construction, and BLD activities;
• promote environmental awareness among our employees and encourage them to work in an environmentally responsible manner;
• sternly encourage the act of recycling in the dedicated paper, plastic and can bins allocated in the office;
• when possible purchasing recycled, recyclable or re-furbished products and materials where these alternatives are available, economical and suitable so as to minimise waste and promote recycling;
• ensure that paper usage is kept to a minimum during media centre operations, and that used paper is collected by a reputable agency for recycling;
• consider the social impact of events managed by BLD, and wherever possible encourage a beneficiary of such events;
• promote efficient use of materials and resources throughout BLD including water, electricity, raw materials and other resources, particularly those that are non-renewable;
• purchase and use environmentally responsible products accordingly;
• communicate our environmental commitment to clients, customers and the public and encourage them to support it;
• support local and Proudly South African suppliers; and
• strive to continually improve our environmental performance and minimise the social impact and damage of activities by periodically reviewing our environmental policy in light of our current and planned future activities.